As usual, here is my instant and terribly biased evaluation of the racers in this season's Amazing Race:
- Lake & Michelle: Not much travelling experience, differing personalities. That's not a great combination. Prediction: Early Exit.
- BJ & Tyler: I'll either love them or hate them. Prediction: Early exit if I love them, Final Four if I hate them.
- Danielle & Dani: Of course, I'll call them DDanielle and DDani. Lots of, um, 'personality,' not much travel experience. Similar to other pretty girl teams. Prediction: Mid-pack.
- Ray & Yolanda: Stubborn and athletic. They remind me of two Season 1 teams, one of which tanked and the other of which finished second. I'll figure out which later. Prediction: whichever finish group BJ & Tyler aren't in.
- John & Scott: This year's gay team. What? They're not? Sure. And one of them's afraid of flying? Well, we'll beat that out of him. Prediction: Final Four.
- David & Lori: Steve & Debra, ten years ago. Prediction: Early exit.
- Eric & Jeremy: Alpha males. Hate them already. Prediction: Winners.
- Fran & Barry: This year's old couple. Good travel portfolio. Prediction: Mid-pack.
- Lisa & Joni: Soccer moms. No travel. No shot. Prediction: Early Exit.
- Joseph & Monica: This season's pretty couple. Well, at least she is. Prediction: Final Four.
- Wanda & Desiree: Good language and travel skills; should do OK. Prediction: Mid-pack.
Update: Great job of handicapping there, Chris.